What do you normally make for your friends and family during this holiday? To make your holiday feast amazing, try adding a healthy and delicious green food—like the avocado.
Why Eat Avocado? The Proven Health Benefits of this Tasty, Green Fruit
What makes the avocado such a great choice this St. Patrick’s Day? Here are just some of the perks of adding avocado to your diet.
- An avocado contains at least twenty vitamins and minerals, including 26 percent of the RDA of vitamin K, which is essential in reducing the risk of heart disease.
- There’s more potassium in an avocado than in a banana.
- They contain higher levels of folate which can help reduce the effects of depression.
- High in fiber and great for healthy digestion.
- The healthy fats help your body to better absorb vitamins and minerals from other foods.
Avocado Recipes: Adding Green to Your Menu on St. Patrick’s Day
Now that you know about some of the health benefits of the avocado, you’re probably wondering how you can incorporate the fruit into your diet. Here are some fun avocado recipes that will make your holiday extra special.
- Guacamole: Guacamole is really quick and easy to make and will satisfy everybody.
- Baked Egg in Avocado: For a one-two punch of omega-3s, try baking eggs in an avocado. This makes a great green St. Patty’s Day breakfast.
- Raw Vegan Avocado Mint Soup: Put your avocado in a blender along with mint, lime juice, spinach, cucumber, garlic and other seasonings. Blend and enjoy!
How Pammie’s Can Help You Get Plenty of Green during the Holiday
While it is always fun to prepare a feast of your own on St. Patty’s Day, sometimes you need a break. Why not come to Pammie’s? We offer a variety of green dishes. Come in and enjoy some of these menu options.
- The Ultimate Breakfast Combo: Eggs, a croissant, and a hash brown casserole are even more delicious when you add spinach.
- Salads: Stay on the healthy path with a delicious green salad. Enjoy a salmon, spinach, or Greek salad, just to name a few.
- Veggie Wrap: If you really want to go green, try our veggie wrap. This wrap contains spinach, cucumbers, green peppers, and is topped with mouth-watering Balsamic vinaigrette.
Have a Happy, Healthy St Patrick’s Day!
We wish you a safe, happy, and healthy holiday this year and hope that you’ll be surrounded by your wonderful family and friends. If you can’t decide on any avocado recipes this time around, stop by Pammie’s. We’d love to spend the holiday with you—or any Wednesday for Happy Hour—while you and your loved ones enjoy our delectable menu items!